Radioactive Materials by Air
Cargo Training International offers two courses for Radioactive Materials by Air. The full (2 day) course is intended for those students who have not undertaken the subject matter before and the one day revalidation module can only be undertaken by persons already holding a valid Radioactive Materials by Air certificate. It is highly recommended that students undertaking this course have already attended the Dangerous Goods by Air training programme.
The course objectives are:
- Locate information concerning the classification of radioactive materials in the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- Check packages of radioactive materials for marking and labelling accuracy.
- Check the Shippers Declaration for accuracy.
- Apply the regulations covering segregation and stowage of radioactive materials in accordance with the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Pack radioactive materials correctly.
- Be able to take correct action in the event of damage to radioactive materials packages.